Monday, October 15, 2007


I went back out thanked the guard for watching my shoes, and waved good bye. Around the corner from the temple I saw a place with veg food. Woo hoo! Sanctuary! I scurried over and went inside. Oh no! All the tables were had someone sitting at them. I wasn’t sure if they shared tables at lunchtime and if I should sit down with someone or what. A waiter came over and we all gestured around at each other for a while. Finally I sat down at one of the booths, which seemed to make everyone nod and smile. They tried to make the guy sitting there move, but I motioned that it was fine, we could share. Everyone nodded and smiled and there was a round of waving again, then I sat down with my lunch buddy and checked out the menu.

I got a thali plate: a plate of flat bread, rice, papadum, daal, and 2 vegetable dishes. I was soooo full after that. Thali means different things in different parts of India, but I think it always essentially means a plate of smaller portions of a few different dishes. I think there is always bread or rice, and daal. Wiki has some more info, if you like.

I decided to hit just one more area on my excursion. There was a religious market and Jain animal sanctuary up a few blocks, so I headed off.

No comments: