Friday, September 28, 2007


The guys in the truck also cheerfully hit me with paint as often as possible. They were doing it to everyone, but I was a good draw as a target.

I decided not to push my luck with the crowds and the beach, so I headed home at about 10. There was still a ton of stuff going on, crowds of people were still out and dancing in the street at my friend’s place, I saw a few loud celebrations from the train on the way home, and when I got to my neighborhood I found still more trucks loaded up with people and idols wandering the streets keeping the party going.

I went out of my way to check out one group coming up towards the main street. They were playing loud dance music and had lights flashing out all over the crowd- it was like a mobile discotheque. I had been going to just walk by, but there is something irresistible about drums and music and a bunch of people dancing. You can’t simply walk by and not go see what is going on.

After I got home and washed off, it took a little while to settle down. So I went through my pictures from the evening- of the 240 pictures I took, there were about 12 good ones. I was glad that there were that many. It is hard to take pictures of so many things moving around!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you look lost because you wear those bandanas? At least it matches the paint! Mom

12 pix are better than none for us to imagine your excellent adventure.

Jane said...

Great thing about digital cameras. We probably have taken 2000 pix but so many are duplicates and we delete a lot. You look very photogenic, even with red dye, and you have a beautiful smile. I have always thought so.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I made it all the way down to here before seeing even one "mom" comment.

Squirting everyone with red dye does look like fun! That's definitely one "happy pic". You're always beautiful when you're smiling.
p.