Monday, August 6, 2007


Next I hopped across the street and ran into a McDonalds. Hmm. I wanted to see if it was true that they have veg options in the McDs here. Turns out they do, the McVeggie, a vegetarian burger. And chicken burgers, and fish burgers, and something called a Chicken Maharja Mac. Then something called a Shali Paneer (Indian cheese) McCurry Pan (which I find funny) and a Paneer Salsa wrap (which I find disturbing) and a McAloo Tikki (which I find fun to say). No hamburger. Also, the kids’ meals appear to come with only a burger, a drink, and a toy. No fries. I almost asked about the veggie burger, because it would be exciting and weird for a vegan to be able to eat at a McDonalds, but then I decided that I didn’t really want to give them any business, so I just took a few pictures of the bizarro-McDonalds and left.
The restaurant got me hungry, so I went to a coffee shop and had a vegan shake. Mmm, god it was good. I haven’t been getting regular coffee, and this was sweet syrupy coffee goodness. I had an image of that shake in the hanging in from of me like a carrot all day. I think the coffee shop has a branch near my house. Mmmm. I think when I get back to Seattle, before I go home I will need to stop somewhere for a soy latte. I miss coffee. Good coffee.

No comments: